Product Review: Garnier Fructis Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

As you guys know,  I recently purchased this moisturizer along with some other items at Wal Mart a couple weeks back...if you missed that post you can read it here.

I have had a chance to test this out so here's what I thought of it

What it is:

Refreshing, lightweight, oil-free gel cream facial moisturizer designed to lock in moisture for 24 hours.

What it does:
 
It helps replenish skin's moisture reserves and fights off dryness. It's ultra lightweight, oil free, refreshing gel-cream formula instantly penetrates for long-lasting moisture and boosts skin's natural defenses so that it can hold moisture for 24 hours. Locks-in moisture for 24 hours. Blocks-out dryness. Oil-free. Over time, an active lifestyle and environmental factors can damage skin's natural protective barrier, causing it to lose moisture faster than ever. Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream is right for you if you want long-lasting hydration.

(taken from Ulta.com)


Price:

The price ranges from $6.99-$7.99 depending on where you buy it. On the Ulta website it retails for $7.99 but I believe I bought it for only $6.99 at Wal Mart. Either way, it is an inexpensive moisturizer that most can afford.

Packaging:

The packaging is actually really nice. It comes in a solid glass jar with a white plastic screw on top. Very weighty which gives it a more expensive feel. The size is 1.7 oz. which may not seem like a lot but a little goes a long way with this moisturizer. The color is really pretty too :)

Formula:


The description calls this a gel cream which to me doesn't really make a lot of sense because there is no 'creamines' about it, it is pretty much a gel consistency, although not as thick as say, hair gel. It is really thin, lightweight and slippery, almost a bit watery, but very refreshing. You only need to use a minimal amount at each application; I only needed a little dab to cover my entire face.

Overall Thoughts:


I'm not quite in love with this product, even though it is pretty nice. The lightweight texture is refreshing and there is no  heavy smell to it, which is great because I hate  the overbearing scent that lotions sometimes have.  Despite having such a light texture, it felt like it took a little too long to absorb into my skin. Also, I didn't particularly like the gel consistency; not the product's fault, but my own, I don't know why I chose a gel moisturizer since I don't really care for them. Although it was fairly moisturizing, it felt like it didn't last very long, or provide enough moisturizing effects for my dry skin. My skin gets dry patches very easily, especially in the wintertime. I ended up returning this because I knew it wasn't going to be moisturizing enough to battle the winter weather and instead bought my go to moisturizer, Pond's Classic Dry Skin Cream (see this and my other go to products here). I think for those with normal skin or only slightly dry skin this moisturizer would work great; this would also be the perfect summertime moisturizer since it is so cooling and lightweight.

Verdict:

Rating: 3.9/5

Pros: inexpensive, lightweight and refreshing, no heavy smells, packaging

Cons: not moisturizing enough for my skin, doesn't absorb quick enough

Where to buy: this moisturizer can be bought at any drugstore or mass retailer, or online at places like Ulta.com 

What are some of your favorite facial moisturizers?

(disclaimer: this product was purchased with my own money and all opinions are 100% my own.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments & Feedback = Good :)
Spam = Bad :(

top