Product Review: Maybelline Fit Me Foundation

What It Is:

It's makeup that doesn’t mess with you.
  • No oils. No waxes. No nonsense.
  • Natural coverage that leaves skin the way it was meant to be…fresh, breathing, natural.
  • Exclusive translucent base and lightweight pigments allow skin's natural highs and lows to show through.
  • Non-comedogenic, dermatologist tested.

For Best Results

Apply smoothly and evenly to your face and blend with your fingertips. 

 


Light





Medium






Deep






 (taken from the Maybelline website)

Maybelline has come out with their newest collection called Fit Me. This collection consists of foundations, concealers, powders, blushes, and bronzers, all designed to match your skin tone, and give you a perfectly natural, lightweight, breathable finish.

Price:

This depends on where you buy it; I bought mine at Wal Mart for $6.98. I think it retails at Target for $7.99(?), and at drugstores I'm sure it's a little more expensive, since they usually are. Either way, it's an inexpensive foundation that anyone could afford.

Packaging:

I love the sleek design of this collection, it looks very high end for a drugstore brand! The foundation itself is encased in a tall rectangle bottle made of glass with a black screw on cap. It's a solid bottle that is unlikely to break if you drop it (well, let's hope not!) It contains 1oz./30ml of product, which seems a pretty standard amount for foundations. The opening is a tad small, so you have to pour the foundation out onto your hand or brush; I really wish pumps were more common on foundation packaging, that's why I really love the Revlon Photoready packaging because the pump is so convenient. But until that happens, I am still satisfied with the packaging overall.


Formula:

I absolutely love this foundation! First of all, it is exactly how it is described: it's very lightweight, almost sheer, and glides on and blends in seamlessly and easily with no effort.  Don't be alarmed at the sheerness however, because I find that I can layer it without any caking or accentuating of fine lines. I would say it is definitely lightweight to medium coverage; you will still need concealer in some areas, like under the eyes or around your nose. But it does a pretty decent job at evening my skin tone and making it feel natural and breathable. The part I like the best about it is that it dries to a dewy finish and makes my skin look healthy and glowing, not like I'm wearing a mask full of foundation. The only downside is that it does tend to wear off a bit faster due to the sheerness of it, but since it is so light you can easily touch up over the prior application without worrying about it caking. I don't know how well it will work on oily skin; I read a couple reviews that it works okay if you powder throughout the day, which I'm sure is probably common anyways. For my dry skin, this works great and it doesn't break me out. I chose shade #310, which is on the darker side of the spectrum, but from past experiences, the ones that I usually think will match are always way too light, so I always go with a darker shade. The #310 works great on my skintone.


Overall Thoughts:

I really love this foundation and am happy I purchased it. Obviously not everyone will like it, nor will it work for everyone, but for my skin and my preferences this works great. I definitely recommend it!

Rating:
4/5
Pros: inexpensive, lightweight, buildable, nice packaging, good match
Cons: no pump, not enough coverage for undereyes (but not really a problem since I always need concealer no matter what)

Where to buy:

You can find this at Target, Wal Mart, and any drugstore (I'm pretty sure)

Have any of you tried this foundation? What do you think?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments & Feedback = Good :)
Spam = Bad :(

top