Product Rave: Maybelline Moisture Extreme Lipstick



As you can probably see from the picture above, I have become quite obsessed with these lipsticks; so far I have 8 of them and will probably end up buying more! Why do I love these lipsticks so much? Here's why:

  • First of all, they're super affordable. They normally retail for around $5.99 or so depending on where you buy them; however, every single one I own I bought for 50% off at CVS! Check them out, they are usually always on sale (well, at least every time I check they are!)
  • They have a great color selection...but...they don't seem to feature any nudes or deeper brown shades, for the most part the lipsticks come in varying shades of pinks and berry tones, and a few red shades. This is fine by me however, I love all the shades I have gotten so far. They might have a bigger selection in some stores that I haven't seen, but so far these are the only shades I have noticed.
  • They're suuuper moisturizing! I have really dry, chapped lips all the time and sometimes I find that lipsticks tend to dry out my lips. These lipsticks glide on super easily and there's no need to apply lip balm because these are moisturizing enough to wear alone.
  • The formula is really pigmented and pretty long lasting. Even if I eat or drink and some of the lipstick rubs off, there's still a nice stain to my lips.
  • They smell nice. There's a slight scent that is reminiscent of roses or something fruity; I can't quite place the scent but it's not overpowering and doesn't smell waxy or anything.
Can you tell I love these lipsticks yet? Here's a breakdown of the shades I own and swatches:


  Royal Red: a classic blue toned red lipstick; the perfect pin up shade that will make your teeth look whiter


Berry Sorbet- very pretty rosey mauve shade with a slight golden shimmer


Cool Watermelon- very vibrant coral-y pink shade; not for the timid, although it goes on sheer and builds up in intensity

Rum Raisin- a warm berry shade


Plum Wine- a plummy mauve shade; sort of a mix between purple and brown


Born With It- gorgeous cool toned pink with golden shimmer; one of my favorites!


Roseberry- a warm rosey shade


Windsor Rose - a soft rosey pink; another favorite of mine


 Swatches from left to right: Windsor Rose, Roseberry, Born With It, Plum Wine, Rum Raisin, Cool Watermelon, Berry Sorbet, Royal Red

So there you have it, my first product rave! I'm actually going to make this a monthly feature....have any of you tried these lipsticks? What do you think of them?

And, because I have no willpower, I stopped by CVS the other day to see if they were still having their clearance sale and it looks like they still are! This is what I got (the 3 lipsticks are the ones pictured above)


You guys should check out your CVS to see if the sale is still going on!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments & Feedback = Good :)
Spam = Bad :(

top