Drugstore Concealer Reviews

 e.l.f. Tone Correcting Concealer: This formula is a little too liquidy and sheer for me and doesn't provide enough coverage. It might be okay for those who only need minimal concealing, but for me this was a bust. The good things about it are that it is very inexpensive, doesn't feel dry or cakey, and is easy to apply because of the wand applicator.



 Milani HD Advanced Concealer Pen: First of all, can I just say how much I love the packaging? It looks so elegant and high end with the shiny gold packaging, similar to YSL's Touche Eclat.  It has a clickable applicator that distributes the product through a brush tip. I find this very easy to apply, especially on the go, and the size is perfect to throw into your purse for touch ups. The formula itself is a little sheer so it doesn't seem to provide a lot of coverage; however I find it works great as an undereye highlighter. It wakes up my tired eyes with just a subtle glow that is natural and non cakey. I love this stuff!
 jane No Show Oil Free Concealer: I forgot where I bought this, I think it was at Walgreens or Rite Aid? I haven't seen it in a lot of drugstores, but I know I have seen it recently so I'm pretty sure they still make this, you just have to hunt for it. Surprisingly, I like this stuff a lot! It has a thick creamy consistency and good coverage. It also matches pretty well too. It might get a little cakey on some, especially if you have dry skin, so be sure to moisturize ahead of application; other than that, I really recommend this concealer (mine is pretty old and almost gone, that's why it looks kinda gross).
 Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealer: I had a love/hate relationship with this when I first bought it. It can look kind of dry or settle into fine lines so you have to be sure to moisturize beforehand. That was what I didn't like about it at first so I stopped using it. Then one day I decided to try it again and now I love it! It does still look a little dry sometimes but I love the way it covers! The formula is so light, like mousse (duh) and it covers pretty well for being so light in consistency. I am almost done with this jar now and will definitely consider purchasing it again.
 Milani Secret Cover Concealer Cream: I bought this on a whim (as I do with everything I buy!) just because it was new and I liked the packaging :P. This stuff is pretty nice, very light and creamy with good coverage. The shade I got was extremely light for me though, so I can't really use it that much. I stopped using it for a bit and when I went to use it again it was rock solid! I had to scrape of the top layer just to get it onto a brush. People with dry skin might like this because it is light and creamy, but if you buy it be sure to screw the cap on really tight!
 NYX Concealer in a Jar: I love these! They are some of my favorite concealers. They have great coverage, are creamy and non drying, and inexpensive too! They also come in a good selection of shades, with some color correctors too, such as yellow, green, lavender, etc. Definitely recommend these!
Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette: This is definitely one of my favorite concealers. I know it's not necessarily a "drugstore" concealer since you can only get it at Target, but I thought that I should include it anyways. It has 3 shades to mix and match to get your perfect color, plus a powder to set the concealer and make it last. It also has a tiny mirror and two little applicators to make touch ups on the go a breeze. The formulas are thick and creamy and have great coverage. Definitely a favorite!

Some swatches of the concealers, I forgot to include the Milani HD Concealer though, sorry!


Where to buy:

e.l.f - can be purchased on eyeslipsface.com or at Target stores that carry e.l.f. products

milani - can be purchased at your local drugstores or milani.com

jane - can be purchased at your local drugstore, but you might have to hunt for it

maybelline - can be purchased at your local drugstores or mass retailers

nyx- can be purchased at nyxcosmetics.com or cherryculture.com

sonia kashuk - can be purchased at target

I hope you enjoyed this review! Let me know what you think!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the reviews!!!! I really want to get the NYX jar concealer now! :p I have the Milani one as well.. :) I actually got it because you reviewed it before! :p

Daiana said...

this is very useful! i am currently not using a concealer (even though on some days think i should..ahem..) but i am seriously considering buying one. i think i would pick maybelline from these ones..

kisses from http://www.sweetfancytreat.com

R.ChamberofBeauty said...

Hey great post!! The Elf one looks really liquidy but guess I should try the maybelline one....Lovely blog sweetie! Try checking out mine.

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

liana i love your new header! smoking hot! this review is sooo professional - i'm so amazed at your pics and everything :) concealer is what i live off of hahaha

Danielle Barbe said...

love your site. i never know what the hell to buy - this is a nice walk-through.

GENETICBOI said...

thanks for the comment dear! The shoot is up now! :D
btw, that concealer does look liquid-ish does it run? I'm not a makeup expert but I sorta use MAC if I needed any coverage lol. shhhh! don't tell anyone!

BenchesnChandeliers said...

so inexpensive! thanks for sharing...

http://www.benchesandchandchandeliers.com

Liana said...

glad you liked the reviews!
@quan: are you talking about the elf one? no, it doesn't really run, it just doesnt provide a lot of coverage. haha, i wont tell anyone! :)

Nadine Natalin said...

i love e.l.f's concealer it does a really good job ;]

Post a Comment

Comments & Feedback = Good :)
Spam = Bad :(

top