Rock & Republic Contrived Pressed Blushes-Seduce & X-Rated

I have officially joined the Rock & Republic blush family! I have been lusting after these bad boys ever since Jen from From Head To Toe posted hers on her blog. Then I kept seeing all these sales for them on Hautelook but was always too broke at the time to buy anything. Well, thanks to Kalmo's post I was able to score two of them for only $18! Waaay cheaper than the usual $40 price tag per blush.

The best part about ordering them? The suuuuper fast shipping! I ordered these on the 11th and the shipping estimate was set for the 18th...lo and behold, imagine my surprise when they showed up on my doorstep the morning of the 13th! You cannot believe how happy I was when I saw that package; it's a good thing the mailman hadn't been there or else I would have jumped on him...but not really because I have a boyfriend and I'm not like that :P


The blushes arrived in a neatly packed box with each blush nestled inside another round shaped sturdy plastic box, like a gift box.


The packaging is sooo pretty! And so sturdy! They have a really good weight to them. You could probably drop these and they wouldn't break...but I wouldn't try it


They are the size of a typical compact, with a large mirror inside. The packaging is super sleek and shiny, but doesn't create fingerprints like some metals do.  I made a mistake in the photos, I accidentally labeled Seduce as Seduced...oops!


X-rated is much more red in real life, but of course my lame ass camera changed the color! It's a super vibrant matte cherry red shade...that's the best way I can describe it, sorry. I think it has been compared to MAC's Bite of Apple blush, if I'm not mistaken. But if I am, please don't shoot me.


Seduce is more of a plummy shade, it has the tiniest amount of shimmer in it. It sort of reminds me of my Loreal True Match blush in Spiced Plum, but darker (well, in real life, in the photos it appears lighter).



Swatches...only one swipe! These are so pigmented!


Verdict?

I am sooo in love with these blushes! I mean come on, what's not to love? The gorgeous packaging...the super pretty shades...the immense pigmentation...and of course the price I got them for!
Oh, and when I say pigmented, I mean pigmented. These babies have suuuper color payoff, so much so that I barely have to tap a brush into them and I get a ton of color...you've been warned! These will definitely last a looong time since you only need the tiniest bit...I guess that's why they normally cost $40.
I haven't had a chance to wear these out for a full day yet so I can't comment on the lasting power; however I have the feeling that these will last a long time due to the intense pigmentation.
I really want to get more but they seem to be sold out of all the good colors...I guess I'll have to be patient.

Have any of you bought these blushes? Which ones? What are your thoughts on them?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments & Feedback = Good :)
Spam = Bad :(

top