DIY: Make a Halter Out of a T-Shirt

Here is a very simple way of turning a plain ol' t-shirt into a cute summer halter


Step 1: Find a t-shirt that you don't mind cutting up a bit. It's best to find one that is fitted and has a rounded collar







Haha, like this t-shirt? I've had it since about my junior year of high school...so about 10 years? I don't wear it anymore though so it's a good example for this tutorial

Step 2: Cut through both layers along the sleeve stitching up to the bottom of the collar




Step 3: Repeat on both sides, completely removing sleeves










Now you can either leave it like this, making sure the sides are cut evenly, or continue reading for instructions on making it backless.

Step 4:  Lay the shirt flat on the front side and cut through the back layer underneath the collar




Step 5:  Bring the layer down to where it folds in half naturally and cut across the entire section to remove it




That's it, you're all done!








Haha, tried to take a picture of my back in the mirror because I couldn't find my tripod-not very successful, but you get the idea...ew, just noticed how dirty my mirror is! :P


So that's it, just a really simple DIY project in case you get bored of your plain t-shirts.  For those that are super motivated or talented, you can sew the seams to make it neater, add some decorations, etc...be creative!!!

I hope you enjoyed this little tutorial, let me know if any of you try this! :)

*Sorry for the crappy quality of the photos! Sometimes my camera takes really bad pictures! :(

2 comments:

Shopping Addict said...

I look forward to trying this.

Liana said...

thanks, i hope you do try it!

Post a Comment

Comments & Feedback = Good :)
Spam = Bad :(

top