Current Products I'm Loving (Non-Makeup)

As the title suggests, this post is about products that I am currently loving that are non makeup.



TRESemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray
  I had been looking for an inexpensive heat protectant spray that also comes with a spray pump for easier application. This stuff is supposed to protect your hair from heat damage and friction caused by hot styling tools (flat irons, blow dryers, and curling irons). It helps my hair become less tangled and feels really light, silky soft and manageable.

Where to Buy: Target  Price: $4.79?


Sherbert Colored Nailpolishes
Ever since spring polish collections came out, I've been in love with all the baby pastel and sherbert colors that every collection seemed to include. Actually, I never used to be a fan of them, but then I saw "For Audrey" by China Glaze and that started it all....
From left to right: NYC in Polyester Pink Creme, Sinful Colors in Mint Apple, and Pure Ice in Twinkle



Where to Buy: Sinful polishes are available at Target and Walgreens, NYC polishes are available at pretty much all drugstores and mass retailers, and Pure Ice is available at Wal Mart
Prices: Sinful $1.99, NYC $0.99, and Pure Ice $1.79?




John Frieda Frizz Ease Secret Weapon Flawless Finishing Creme
Whew, say that 3 times fast! I can't remember how I ended up buying this, but I love it! My hair tends to get flyaways after I straighten it, and my damaged ends get really frizzy and static-y. But not anymore! I rub a tiny dab of this between my palms, then smooth over flyaways. My hair is left feeling soft and smooth and the best part is it leaves no sticky residue! 
Where to Buy: I believe I bought this at Target or Wal Mart; I'm sure you can find it at either place, or at drugstores
Price: $6-7?


CVS Pharmacy Brand Skin Treatment Oil
 I've heard so much about Bio Oil and its ability to reduces acne scars, pigmentation, even skin tone, moisturize, etc. that I was dying to try it. However, it cost about $11 or so which I wasn't too keen on spending...mind you, I'm pretty cheap when it comes to certain things. However, I noticed this sitting right next to it so I picked it up and compared the ingredients - and to my surprise, they contain the exact same ingredients! Same dosage, mg, whatever, word for word! And this one only cost about $7.99! So of course I got this one instead...I don't care about name brands that much, if a product works just as well or has the same ingredients than I would rather save a few bucks. But that's just me. Anyhow, I haven't been using this as religiously as I would like, I'm still trying to work up to that. On the nights when I actually remember to apply this, the next morning I wake up and my skin feels sooo soft! I don't want to go into too much detail because I want to do an adequate review, but as far as moisturizing goes, this works great as a night treatment for dry skin
Where to Buy: CVS  Price: $7.99



St. Ives Renewing Collagen Elastin Advanced Body Moisturizer
I have really dry skin that constantly needs to be moisturized...well, it did until I found this. I looooove this stuff! It makes my skin feel so soft and silky all day! It's lightweight and absorbs pretty quickly. And the scent is heavenly. I don't even know how to describe it, kinda fruity I think? All I know is I love the scent, and I'm not really one for sweet scents, but this is just the right amount of fruity sweetness that's nice but not overpowering. Looove it!
Where to Buy: Target or Wal Mart (see a pattern here? :P ) Price: $3.99?


Revlon Expert Tweezers
For those of you who have to pluck your eyebrows, you'll know how important it is to have a good pair of sharp tweezers. I have gone through many different types of tweezers (except for really expensive ones, I'm too cheap :P) and I have to say that these definitely work the best for me. I guess I can't really say this is a product I'm currently loving, because I've been using these for a couple years now. They are super sharp and remain sharp - I have probably only had to buy 2 or 3 replacements in about 3 or 4 years? The slanted tips are really pointy and make it easy to pull out even tiny stubborn hairs.
Where to Buy: Target, Wal Mart, or drugstores Price: $6-8?


Sonia Kashuk Flat Top Blusher Brush
Sonia Kashuk always has the best brushes - they a little pricier than your average drugstore brushes, but less expensive than super high end brands and are just as good of quality.  I love how she is always coming out with new designs, travel sets, and gifts sets as well. So far I have bought one of her Limited Edition brush sets (actually it was a gift from my sister), a Duo Fiber Highlighting brush, and this one. I have to say that I love all of them. They are good quality and never shed, even after washing. I bought this brush to use for blush but the head turned out to be a little smaller than I would've liked, so I started using it to buff in my foundation. It works great as a foundation brush, gives me really good coverage and a really flawless look. The bristles are dense, but not so dense that there's no movement in them; they are flexible enough to get under my eye area and on the sides of my nose.
Where to Buy: Sonia Kashuk brushes are sold exclusively at Target  Price: $11-12?


So that concludes my favorite items of the moment. Of course there are more items that I am loving, but that would take way too long to name them all. The question marks mean that they are approximate because I can't remember the exact prices. Can you tell I love Target and Wal Mart? I'm a cheapie, what can I say.....actually it really depends on what I'm buying. I really take my time when buying stuff, I'll spend like an hour deciding whether or not to buy a certain kind of soap just because it's a few cents cheaper. I guess that's a good thing...but then how am I still so broke all the time? :P

P.S. Sorry for the extremely crappy photo editing! My only excuse is that I've been editing them since about 1:30 am and it's kind of a time consuming and tricky process that requires patience and apparently sleep first :P Also, I'm not used to editing my photos with a white background, so I'm still getting used to it....but I promise they will get better soon! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments & Feedback = Good :)
Spam = Bad :(

top