FOTD, CVS Sale, and Other Stuff


This is just a kinda rambling post about a couple different topics. First, let me just post my FOTD to get it out of the way. I already changed my clothes so you don't get to see my outfit though, sorry!


Too tired to list everything, but on my eyes I used my e.l.f. Eyeshadow and Liner stick in Moss and Hot Topic Eyeshadow in Bronze (I'm actually not sure if that's the name, but that's what the color is).


CVS was having a sale so my friend and I stopped by after school. There were so many great deals going on, a lot of items were 40% off or Buy 1 Get 1 Free. I had such a hard time deciding because I wanted everything, but in the end this is what I ended up with:


Rimmel London's Moisture Renew Lipsticks in Pink Chic and Spotlight Beige


The Pink Chic is actually a little more blue toned than I thought, when applied on my lips it reminds me very much of the MAC Viva Glam Gaga lipstick. Spotlight Beige is a very soft and natural nude, not as drastic as other nude lipsticks, like MAC Myth, this one is much more wearable. In fact, I don't really know if it qualifies as a nude lipstick, let's just say that it is very natural looking. I haven't worn these yet, just tried them on, but they feel very moisturizing and glide on easily. I hope they are long lasting! Here are the swatches (like I've said before, my camera kinda messes up the colors, the pink one is pretty accurate, but the beige is much more nude in real life and not quite as pink as it looks in the picture)


I also picked up Physician Formula's Shimmer Strips Custom Bronzer, Eyeshadow and Blush in Vegas Strip


These are so pretty! Very similar to Bobbi Brown's Shimmer Brick Compacts, except a lot cheaper! I got this for only $5.20, usually they are like 12.99 I think? I already want more! I think I have an unhealthy obsession with highlighters, I have like a million... :P


Okay, haul stuff over, next item...I am going to start doing videos for my product reviews and tutorials and other stuff. Not all the time, but once in awhile. I have a Youtube channel but I haven't been posting too many videos and the ones I did post I am not happy with, so I will be redoing them, and once I get my channel the way I want it then I will post the link on here. I should have my first video on here either tonight or tomorrow hopefully, it's just going to be a review video of some of the e.l.f stuff I got recently or already have. Just a warning, I don't have the best camera so the quality may not be that great, so please bear with me! :)
And a final note, I am thinking about having a contest, I wanted to do another giveaway, but I've already done a couple and wanted something a little more creative...would you guys enter a contest? Or are they too much work? Please let me know your thoughts on this, and also the video idea.
Thanks!




2 comments:

s said...

Oooh I have shimmer strips! But in a different shade... at the top is a pink color, but otherwise it looks really similar to the one you got.

You know what's weird ~ there's no CVS in San Fran! The nearest ones are in Oakland or Alameda >.<

Hey I think I'm going to try to set a date for a bay area blogger meetup... how do you think I should do it? I was thinking of making a post and listing all the blogs I know of so far that are local and then writing like 6 possible dates or something from May-July.. would love to hear ur thoughts :)

Liana said...

aren't they so pretty?
omg you guys have no CVS? what the hell? i woulda thought you guys would have them on everyblock! i have about 3-4 in the area i live in!
ooh thats a great idea about a blogger meetup! let me know what you come up with! :)

Post a Comment

Comments & Feedback = Good :)
Spam = Bad :(

top