Product Review: Maybelline Color Sensational Lipsticks

I actually wasn't planning on doing a product review yet, and if I had been, then there would have been other products I would review first, but seeing how much some of you girls are interested in this product and have done posts about them (see FacesbySarah and AdoreBeauty's posts) I thought I would review these for you :)

Okay, so first of all you'll notice that the packaging is different here than in other places. I'm not sure why companies do that? Anyways, I actually really like this packaging,  it looks really sleek and I like how the cover gives you an indication as to what shade is inside.


I have 3 shades, from left to right they are: Plaza Pink, Totally Toffee, and Pink of Me

(ew, I should have cleaned them off first, sorry :P)

Plaza Pink ( a light cool pink)

Totally Toffee ( a medium nude)

and Pink of Me ( a sort of rose petal color, I don't know how else to describe it!)

Here are the swatches, the colors are actually a lot lighter and cooler in real life, but these shots were taken at night in the dark and I was having a hell of a time getting them to look right! If anyone wants more swatches of the colors in the daytime so you can see the color better let me know :)

So how do I like these? Well, since I bought all three of these on separate occasions,  I think it is safe to say that I am quite fond of them! I really like the packaging, and the formulas are creamy and actually stay put for quite awhile. Some may find the formula a tad bit drying, but I usually apply a light lip balm beforehand and it works out just fine. The selection of colors is great, ranging from naturals, pinks, reds, and plums. Also, the color of the formula is what actually shows up on your lips, you know how sometimes the shade can look totally different from what it looks like in the tube? Not these ones, at least in my experience.

Rating: 4.5/5

Pros: Cool packaging, variety of colors to choose from, formula stays put, matches what is in the tube

Cons: Can be a bit drying

Would I repurchase? Definitely! There's a couple of red shades that I am dying to try :)

I hope this helped all you ladies who are considering purchasing these lipsticks!

Note: I am not affiliated with this company in any way, opinions are based on my own personal experiences with the product  and should not be taken as professional advice.

 

 

12 comments:

cocomotion said...

Hi! I quite like the Toffee shade but I wasn't expecting Pink of Me to be that deep; at least it looks deep in the swatch

Shanghainese Dumpling said...

Hey Liana, the colours look nice but why don't you put them on your lips, sometimes they look different when it's against a person's skin tone :)

heavenlygorgeous said...

I digg Plaza Pink! And the packaging is way better than what we have here in SG.

liana123 said...

coco: yeah pink of me is definitely deeper than Plaza Pink, although in the swatch it looks reddish, which it isn't, all of the colors in the swatch are about one or two shades darker due to my stupid camera :P
shangainese: lol, originally i was going to but i did this post at like 2 am and was kinda tired, but maybe i'll swatch again on the lips so you guys can see :)
heavenly: i really like the plaza pink too! and the packaging, i don't get why they make two different packages just because they're sold in different countries? what's the point? :P

marafromitsura said...

i'm not a big fan of lipsticks, till i started being active on my blog and meeting a couple of friends. :) but those i must admit are outrageously cute. i love very subtle pink colors cause they won't really over power the whole FOTDs you'll do. and i have yet to meet a lipstick that won't chap my lips. they tend to dry my lips for some reason. :) anyway, i love your blog. i hope to read more from you!

amyrleex said...

woah! Pink of me looks so delicious! But i wonder if the same shades are available in Singapore as well..?? And the US packaging is waaaayy nicer than here in Singapore.. :)

VanessaJhoy said...

hey liana, thanks for the review! i love all the colors all of them are very pretty and depending on your eye makeup and what your wearing you match perfectly! and best of all im sure they would all look great on you! have a wonderful day liana! -jhoy xoxo

fashionista91 said...

i really like those lipsticks! they stay on me pretty well :)

liana123 said...

mara: yeah they are cute huh? glad you like my blog, i appreciate you becoming a follower and i hope you enjoy my future posts! :)
amy: i'm not sure if they have the same colors or not bc on facesbysarah's website when she did her post it showed the color range as corals, reds, nudes, and pinks (or something like that) but here the color range is reds, naturals, pinks, and plums? so i don't know....yeah, i dont understand why the packaging is different also? what's the point of making two different packages? :P
vanessa: thanks for reading my review, glad you enjoyed it! hope you have a great day also :)
fashionista: which ones do you have? yeah, i was surprised they stayed on so long huh? wasn't really expecting that :) there's a red shade that i really want to get!

heavenlygorgeous said...

Precisely! Humans always make things complicated. Hehe!! :p

fashionista91 said...

i just have one its the plum colored one its called plum paradise. its pretty dark but i like it!

liana123 said...

heavenly: yeah, we really do sometimes! but then we complain when it doesn't turn out right!
fashionista: i really haven't tried too many plum colored lipsticks but maybe it's time i should!

Post a Comment

Comments & Feedback = Good :)
Spam = Bad :(

top