NYX Haul Swatches & Reviews!

Okay so here is the long awaited reviews and swatches that I keep promising.

First let's start with the single eyeshadow swatches, the one on the right is Exotic Green, the other is Ocean Frost

So I haven't worn these yet, but I did try on the green one on one eye and it is very pigmented and blends in smoothly. However, it isn't really green at all, it's like a light black with subtle green shimmer, not quite as exotic as it looks in the package. A little disappointed about this, but it's still a good shadow. The Ocean Frost is very light and took a couple times to get it to show up, but it's got a nice simple shimmer, nothing too dramatic

Ok next is the Runway Eyeshadow Palette in Jazz Night. I love these colors, they are very pigmented, however, I kind of had a little trouble getting them to blend...maybe it was just me? But I do love all the colors in this palette, I use the yellow one to highlight the browbone, it's actually more of a pearly white than yellow, even though it looks yellow

Top Row

Bottom Row

These are the lipsticks and gloss I got

Left to right: Brush on Gloss in Killer Lips (i think that's the name?), Peach Love, Clio, & Apollo

I reaallly love the formulas of these lipsticks, and the gloss. They are super creamy and glide on so smoothly, with no effort whatsoever! Very pigmented as well! And the gloss is smooth, not super sticky or anything, which I love. It's a very nude color, I only put on a little bit than blend it in to even it out. The thing I am disappointed in however are the actual shades, they aren't really what I was expecting. They're all very frosty/satiny shades, which I couldn't tell from the website. They are all pretty, I just don't know how well they look on me. And Clio is a very silvery shade, I actually use this as a highlighter! Overall very impressed with the formulas but not the colors I got.

Here is the Concealer in a Jar, I got it in Medium

Unfortunately, this shade is actually too dark for me, and it looks kind of salmony(?) colored. Man, I was disappointed because I really was looking forward to this. It goes on very creamy and blends smoothly, however I did notice that it kind of enhanced any dryness or fine lines I had but not dramatically so. Overall I like this concealer, would have liked it more if I had gotten the right shade, but it's got a great consistency and is pigmented enough to cover problem areas. Be sure to moisturize well before using this if you have dry skin.

I got this just because it looked interesting, it's a face highlighter

I like that it has a pump, very convenient, however, you need to really shake it up before pumping, because the first time I tried pumping it, a big runny mess came out! But once I shook it up it got a little thicker. It's very light and a little goes a looong way

(ew, sorry for my dry skin)

It's very pigmented, so you only need a tiny bit. It's a little sticky however and it doesn't blend too wel, in my opinion.

It's an okay product but I probably won't buy it again

I bought their angled brush and the blush brush, they were a lot smaller than I thought! Here's a comparison shot. I like the angled brush because it allows you to draw really small fine lines, but it's really tiny, I like my brushes bigger. And the blush brush is okay, but it's not as soft as I'd like and it's also too small.

So out of everything I got, I'd have to say my favorites are the concealer and the eyeshadow palette. I will probably get more lipsticks in the future, but only if I am really sure of the colors.

12 comments:

amy-naree said...

i got the highlighter and contour liquid as well and yeah wasn't really digging it too much!

liana123 said...

yeah, it was kinda weird, really runny at first and kinda sticky too :(

ect said...

I like the Jazz Night palette! I agree the yellow shade is super pretty! I have not had much luck with the e/s singles, the one I tried was such a pretty green, but it really lacked pigmentation :(

I feel the same way about the lippies! So pretty, but waaay too frosty for me :( I kinda wish I didn't get the liquid foundation either... and the blush brush was just... "ehh"

I love the jar concealer though, I use it almost every day! I use the shade Beige and a few other fellow asian bloggers I know of do use Beige as well. Maybe that might be a better match for you! (:

liana123 said...

yay, so glad you agree with me! i want to try more lipsticks from them but i want to make sure they're not frosty at all! have your tried the color circe? i heard it was a nice nude color....and the blush brush isn't really my favorite, no wonder it was $1 :P
as for the concealer, i really like it too, i just wish i had gotten a different color, and it's funny bc i noticed that all the asians have it in beige, but for some reason i thought it would be too light...damn i'm stupid! :P
anyways, thanks for sharing and the suggestions! :)

Elaine, clothedmuch said...

Wow, look at your haul!! I love the runway eyeshadow palette. My kind of colors!

liana123 said...

thanks, have you tried any of NYX's products before?

VanessaJhoy said...

love it!

idakz said...

i am still waiting for mine to arrive. it's taking too long already! :(

liana123 said...

aw, i hope you get it soon! yeah, mine took forever! i was sooo impatient :P

ect said...

I have Circe! It is a nice nude, but it's better for layering in my case, it makes me look kinda "dead" on it's own :P Hope you find the right concealer shade!

tiarabangs said...

clio looks really pretty!

liana123 said...

ect: i keep hearing about circe, i really want to try it! i understand about the "dead" look though, i have a lipstick that does the same thing to me too, but i usually wear gloss over it, that helps a bit. thank, i hope i find the right shade too! :)
tiara: it is, it's just too frosty to wear on my lips, but it makes a great highlighter!

Post a Comment

Comments & Feedback = Good :)
Spam = Bad :(

top