e.l.f. Haul: Product Reviews and Swatches

I finally got to play around with some of the makeup I got. For the most part I am pretty happy with everything, especially for paying so little and getting so much. I love the large makeup kit, I know I will be having a lot of fun with the eyeshadows and creating different looks. So the first thing I want to talk about is the Eye Transformer palette. It consists of four pale shades: a light sea green, a pale yellow, pale baby pink, and a light baby blue. These shadows are great to wear for a sheer wash of iridescent color, or you can take it the next level and transform your darker shadows into new shades. Below is a picture of the four shades that I layered over plain black eyeshadow:

On top are the four shades by themselves. Pretty cool, right? They look soo pretty over the black shadow!

Next is a swatch of the bronzer compact I got in Golden:

These are very pretty and very shimmery, the lightest color makes a great highlighter! (Sorry my arm looks kinda gross in the pics, I don't know what's up with my camera lately!)

I didn't want to swatch all the colors in the eyeshadow kit, so I just did a few that I really liked:

I really like all the colors in this kit. They are pretty much all shimmery, some more than others, and there are a few shades that are just repeated in darker hues, but overall they are all really nice and pretty pigmented.

There are four bronzers in the kit:

Once again, they are pretty shimmery (ok for the sake of repeating myself, let's just assume everything is shimmery unless otherwise stated :) )

Six blushes:

I love the bright pink one and the orangey-peachy one!

Same with the eyeshadows, I didn't want to swatch all the lipsticks so I just chose a few:

These are all pretty sheer, so if you are looking for an intense color, this wouldn't be the place to get it, but they go on very smoothly. I would compare them more to a lipgloss or  tinted lipbalm even.

These are the seven lipglosses I got, I don't know which ones are which exactly because I didn't keep them in order, sorry! :)

I love these glosses, they are very shimmery and pretty, and not sticky at all! A few tend to have a kinda funky smell at first, but you get used to it after awhile :)

These are the two blushes I got, the pink one is Mellow Mauve, and the other is Peachy Keen. I guess a lot of reviewers compared them to the NARS blushes.

Sorry, the peach one was really hard to get to show up on my arm because my arm is way darker than my face :(

And last but not least, here is a picture of me after using the face primer, complexion perfection, and the pressed powder, plus one of the eyeshadows and glosses, sorry I can't remember which ones though!

I would have to say that I am pretty happy with everything. Obviously these are not high end department store cosmetics, but they get the job done well for a good price. I think my favorite items that I got were the lipglosses, the eye transformer, and the eyeshadow kit. Heck, I'm not really that picky, so I pretty much like everything, and even the things I don't like that much I always find a use for, I guess I'm just stingy that way :) The face primer felt really good going on and seemed to last for awhile, and althought the complexion perfection didn't quite live up to my expectations, it was still good enough to use as a setting powder, although beware, because if you use too much, it might make you look a little whiter. I'm not really going to go over everything else because I don't want this post to be even longer, but if anyone has any questions about the other stuff I got, just let me know. Hope you enjoyed the review! :)

8 comments:

natxx69 said...

Beautiful colours :D

atiysanlee said...

the blushes and bronzers look good! :)

grenadesuzy said...

very pretty! i like the glosses. i need to buy new makeup!

liana123 said...

yeah, they are all very pretty and shimmery! suzy, you should buy some now, they are having good deals for the holidays!

daisy213 said...

When you use it all? haha ^_^

liana123 said...

all the time daisy! :)

hershoeaddiction said...

I've used E.L.F. products and was really satisfied with it. I especially love the nail polish colors. The prices are extremely reasonable.

liana123 said...

yeah, i love that everything is really cheap! i also like that they have several different lines to choose from, they have their regular line, a mineral line, and a higher end studio collection. i'm having fun playing around with my master makeup kit :)

Post a Comment

Comments & Feedback = Good :)
Spam = Bad :(

top