Second (Or Third) Time's A Charm

Have you ever bought a product only to find that you hate it or it doesn't work the way you thought it did? That's happened to me a couple of times and I've turned right around and returned it. But more often than not, I tend to hold on to a product just in case I change my mind about it later. They usually end up in the bottom of my makeup drawer forgotten, only to resurface months later for a second glance. And usually I end up liking them! Here are a couple products that I didn't like at first but now am very fond of.



1. e.l.f. Complexion Perfection
 

I read many reviews about this product on the e.l.f. website and so many people raved about it's ability to make your skin look flawless.  Of course I bought it right away and had high hopes for it. Judging by the name, this powder is supposed to give you flawless skin and even out your skintone, with various shades for different problem areas, such as dark circles, redness, etc. Unfortunately, I wasn't really impressed with it. Although it looked promising, it just didn't deliver the same results that the reviewers' had claimed were theirs. So into my drawer it went, never to be seen again until a couple months ago when it was rediscovered. After trying it out a couple more times, I have to admit I actually kind of like it now. While it doesn't give me flawless skin or even hide any blemishes, it does give my skin a nice, matte, even finish. It's really finely milled and seems to hide my pores a bit as well. Now I use this occasionally when I want a more matte texture to my skin.

2. Maybelline Pulse Perfection Mascara


I was so determined to get this mascara when it first came out, but I didn't want to pay the $14.99 price tag (hey, I'm a cheapskate remember?) Well, as luck would have it, one day strolling through Target I passed by the clearance bin and this was in it for only $6.98! There was only a slight tear to the package, which didn't bother me, so I snatched  it up. But when I took it home I found that the vibrating handle(?) wasn't working...well that just put me off so I didn't bother opening it. Well months later I decided to give it a try anyways and lo and behold, the handle does vibrate, it just didn't vibrate because it was still in the package (duh!). Now I love this mascara, it doesn't give me hugely dramatic results, but the vibrating action does lift my lashes and builds them up at the roots making them look fuller and longer. Plus, the mascara doesn't clump and you can layer coat after coat. The vibrating does kind of tickle though, so just be forewarned :P

3. Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealer


 I hated this stuff when I first bought it: it felt dry, accentuated my fine lines, and was too dark for my skin. But after reading so many positive reviews on other blogs, I decided to give it another try. I'm soo glad I did because now I am hooked on this stuff (can you tell by the empty container?) Although sometimes it can be a bit drying, moisturizing and priming beforehand makes a huge difference. And it is still a bit dark but it actually covers blemishes and my circles pretty well and if I wear it under my foundation it blends in great because my foundations are always a tad too light. The texture is very light so you can't even tell you're wearing it. This is definitely one of my favorite concealers now....for my other concealer reviews, check them out here.

4. Loreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base


This product was one that I immediately returned, I hated it that much. I was so excited to try it but unfortunately it did not live up to it's claim. It felt extremely thick and grainy and didn't blend into my skin at all, just kinda sat there. And it didn't hide my pores or make my skin look flawless. Well, after doing a review on here about it, I got so many comments extolling its greatness that I thought maybe I should give it another try, and maybe I wasn't using it right. So after much hesitation I broke down and bought it again....and now I am in love with it. Seriously, I'm almost done with it and am waiting until I can finally be done so I can buy another one! I must have gotten a bad batch the first time because this one is totally different than the first one I tried. It's still thick and has a very mousse-y texture, and it goes on a little thick too, but it blends out into a silky, powdery feeling that leaves my skin looking smooth and poreless (well, at least my pores look minimized).  I cannot rave about this product enough, if you are hesitant to buy it, you should check first and see if there are still testers, but seriously this stuff is amazing. Read my first review about it here.

So there is some of the 'trash' turned into 'treasures'....has anyone else had similar experiences? Feel free to share!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments & Feedback = Good :)
Spam = Bad :(

top