Is it just me or does it seem like drugstore products are really stepping up their games lately? It seems like everyone from NYC to Wet N Wild and in between are coming out with better packaging and higher quality products. Now I'm glad that I'm not the type to stick to only department store brands, because there's quite a few things that I've found at drugstores that could beat out a few of the higher priced items you would purchase at Sephora or some other high end cosmetics place.

For example, Wet N Wild has been revamping quite a few of their items, if not all of them it seems. I remember my mom using this brand when I was younger, and when I got older it was probably one of the first brands I tried because it was so affordable. Once I got a little older howeverr, I started to shy away from it because its packaging and products didn't seem to appeal to me anymore and seemed a little juvenile. However, they have recently produced a couple new items that have been garnering quite a bit of attention lately.

These are their new lipsticks, the Mega Last Lipcolors, and the new Mega Last Nail Polish.





I bought Just Peachy and Rose Bud


Here are the swatches on my hand-you can see that they are pretty matte and creamy looking. If it looks like they're shimmery, they're not, it's the camera lighting


And the swatches on my lips-they are surprisingly pigmented! I wasn't expecting that, for some reason I thought they might be a little more sheer. However, they tend to feel a bit dry when you apply them, so be sure to apply some lip balm beforehand.

Just Peachy-matte peachy nude


Rose Bud-rosy matte pink


I haven't actually worn these out yet so I can't comment on their lasting ability, but just based on the colors and the pigmentation, I really like these! There's a couple other shades that I am probably going to end up purchasing. The website says that they are supposed to last 4 hours, so I'll be sure to test them out and let you know the results!

Here is the nail polish I also got, this color is Through the Grapevine


I love this color! Although I wouldn't call it "grape", it's more of a fuschia orchid color. It goes on really well, you only need a coat or two and it dries evenly and fast. I will definitely be repurchasing more of these!


What do you guys think? Have any of you tried these yet? Let me know! :)

4 comments:

Carla said...

I have tried em, I LOVE them!
My fav lipstick is "Mauve outta here"
matches "through the grapevine" which I also love

Unknown said...

Wet N' Wild seems to be doing pretty decent for a drugstore brand these days. The nail polish is very cute. :D Following your blog!

-Shellz
http://shellyannc.blogspot.com

Fashion Insanity said...

Beautiful nailpolish

Liana said...

@carla: i love them too! i want to get all of them! i almost bought mauve me over...i might eventually :)
@makeupandmore: i agree, they definitely revamped a lot, which is good. thanks for following, i appreciate it!
@chasingcherries: it really is! thanks :)

Post a Comment

Comments & Feedback = Good :)
Spam = Bad :(

top