New Makeup Storage & Organization Tips (pic heavy again!


I finally got around to updating my storage and organizing my makeup so that it's easier to find things. If you guys read my post a couple months ago, all of my makeup was crammed into one of those plastic storage bins which made it a little hard to find things and organize (if you didn't read it, you can here).
Here is my new makeup area. I actually just moved everything into my bedroom dresser because we really didn't use it for much except storing crap. So I turned it into my vanity area! Haha, the things my boyfriend has to put up with :P
This actually used to be my son's clothing dresser when he was a little baby! But it works great for my stuff now :) I'm hoping to buy a large mirror soon to hang over the top, the other mirror is a little too small for me


I got this plastic vanity organizer at Target for about $13 I believe? I think they have a variety of types to choose from


Gotta have my Hello Kitty close by :P


I keep my rings, bracelets, watches, etc in here. I really don't have that much jewelry. And of course a pic of me and my bf :) That picture frame is actually silver in real life, see what I mean about my camera?


Here's where I hang my earrings and necklaces. If you try this, be sure to use something that you don't mind sticking nails through! A crocheted scarf or shawl works great too because of the holes in the knit


I found these containers at Wal Mart and they were only $1 each! And they each came with two or three to a set - I got all of them for only $5! Great deal :) I found them in the kitchen section, next to the dish racks and utensil holders. If you can't find any like these, jewelry or utensil holders (the long straight ones)  work great, or you can take various sized shoeboxes and cut them down to the sizes you need.


Here is how I organized my makeup in the dresser drawers. Please note that I am not trying to brag or anything about what or how much makeup I have, I'm just trying to show ways you can organize your stuff. Honestly, compared to some makeup addicts, I don't really have that much! Probably because i don't have a job right now, if I did, I'd probably have a lot more :P

So the first drawer holds my blushes, lipsticks, lipglosses, and lipbalms. Why do I have so many lipbalms? Because I am notorious for losing them and I always have to have backups! One time when I was cleaning my room I found 5 that I had lost! Plus, my lips get really dry, I can't live without chapstick or lip balm


Next drawer holds my eyeliners, mascaras, and eyeshadows.


On the other side is my bronzers, concealers, primers, foundations, powders, and highlighters


And the last drawer holds my eyeshadow palettes and gel liners


The middle cabinet holds random face stuff, my hair dryer and straigtener, and nail polishes


Oh, and this isn't makeup, but I found this double hanger at Target that saves room in your closet by adding another level - very convenient. I think it was between $12-24, I can't remember exactly


If you have enough room in your closet, you can invest in some drawers like these or the plastic kind, that way you free up some hangers or room in  your dresser


So there is my new organization. It's nothing too crazy or new, I'm sure you've seen plenty of other people with the same type of organization, but I like it so far, it's a lot better than what I used to have!

How do you guys store your stuff?

6 comments:

Kalmo said...

Great makeup collection! Everything is so organized and nice. I also got those drawers from walmart, so effective and cheap. Thanks for sharing.

Carla said...

cute way of hanging ur jewelry

Lisa said...

Thanks for sharing your m/u storage! I love looking at how other people do it. I have those little drawers too but I've recently upgraded to some office depot storage..I have a collecting problem (but I guess we all do to some extent) =D

Fashion Insanity said...

Nice post! Love your make-up stash!

PrincessLisax3 said...

Very well organized. So the plastic thing is from Target? I need that. I will be staying in Houston for 3-4 mths..I need a temporary storage thing. My traincase is full and heavy. I need something like that to put on the bathroom counter-top. Even though its not my home, I want it to feel like home lol. Im going to have my own bathroom anyways. Thanks for sharing your collection and storage idea.

Liana said...

your welcome girls! glad you enjoyed this post and raiding my makeup stash :P hope this helps give you some ideas on how to organize your own makeup! :)

Post a Comment

Comments & Feedback = Good :)
Spam = Bad :(

top