New Product: High Definition Makeup Brushes @ Wal Mart

I don't know how new these brushes are, but I just discovered them for the first time yesterday while I was looking for something else. I was pretty intrigued, Wal Mart now has a whole section dedicated to makeup brushes, even Revlon has a whole line there too. Except they were more expensive, and also the handles were really long, they kind of reminded me of paint brushes....a little too long though.

But these however really caught my eye, due to the color of the bristles, and also the words "High definition" on the label

(sorry the color quality is not very good, i don't know what's up with my camera!)

The package says that they are made to be used with high definition makeup

I got this set which costs about $11.98 I believe. It came with a concealer, foundation, mini powder, and angled blush brush, plus a small zippered mesh travel bag to store them in.

Angled blush brush

Foundation brush

Concealer brush

Mini powder brush (to set your concealer)

I also got this Powder brush, which was separate, I think it cost around $6.98

Here's a close up so you can see the texture

The packaging is also kind of useful, the brushes came in these plastic cases with snap closures, which will be good for storing...stuff. Well I don't know what yet, but I'll think of something :)

So...what do I think of them?

I looove them! They are suuuuper soft! Like ridiculously soft! I couldn't stop from rubbing them across my face, even before I had even used them for my makeup!

As for application, they work great too! The bristles are dense enough to pick up lots of pigments and distribute them evenly and they are not scratchy at all.

I haven't washed them yet so I am not sure if they will shed or not....I hope not because so far I can't find anything wrong with them!

It just goes to show that not everything has to cost an arm and a leg to work good! :)

 

16 comments:

educatedbiatch said...

awww! your so lucky such great stuff are sold in your local drugstore! :) Nice! The brushes look good too!

honeyxkaori said...

The look great! I am so jealous lol Wished that stuff like this comes to Singapore!

ect said...

These look really nice! I don't think we have it at our Walmart though :(

Cindy Chan said...

OMGGGG I want them!!! I wonder if they have that @ Canadian Walmart?
I want to get them like NOW haha

Reyenal said...

The set look "pro" black handle & the bristle look soft... great price too..

missfoxyazza said...

wow...walmart came up with this? interesting.....

everbluec said...

OMY.. this brush set look really really nice and soft!

(I love your new layout!!!)

kechiko said...

Aww I want! I wish there was a Wal-Mart near me :(

VanessaJhoy said...

omg you make me feel so blessed that I live a block away from walmart!!! haha but i haven't seen or maybe even noticed the brushes, but for sure the next time I go i'm going to purchase these probably! have you used them yet?

liana123 said...

aw, i feel bad for you guys that don't have Wal-Mart, it's like one of my favorite places to shop! :P For those of you who do have one, I found them in the makeup section near the beauty tools & nail polishes.
vanessa: yes i have used them and they work great! very soft and they pick up color really well!
everbluec: thanks for the layout compliment! :)

Ju Lee Zhang said...

I NEED THOSE ASAP! Too bad my Wal-Mart is never readily stocked...horrible inventory there I must say.

liana123 said...

aw ju lee that sucks! well keep an eye out for them, maybe they'll get some soon! btw, where do you live, in san fran?

purplio said...

even though i have tons of brushes, i am lemming for these too. but sadly we cannot get our hands on them >.<

liana123 said...

i'm sorry purplio, that sucks! you should petition for a walmart to come to singapore :P

deardyan said...

OMG... The Brush set looks awesome and i can feel that it's soft even though from the pictures only!!

We don't even have Walmart here!! Boo Hoo.... :(

liana123 said...

aw that sucks im sorry! well if you enter my giveaway maybe you'll win! :P

Post a Comment

Comments & Feedback = Good :)
Spam = Bad :(

top