The Body Shop & MAC Lady Gaga Lipstick

So today during my break between classes I decided to waste time at the mall. Dangerous territory, let me tell you!  I checked out Forever 21's new makeup line, and unfortunately nothing really appealed to me, which is surprising because I love F21. I stopped in a couple more stores and then went to the Body Shop to check out their makeup. They were having  two great sales on their skincare lines, Buy 1 Get 1 Free and then another  that was 3 items for $20. Unfortunately the line that was having  the 3 for $20 sale wasn't for my skin type...so I checked out the other one. The sales associate told me about their Aloe Vera Facial Cleanser for Sensitive Skin. I didn't realize until recently that my skin is sensitive but lately I have noticed that it does get irritated more than it used to and now it gets really red and blotchy. She sold me on this cleanser when she said that it would get rid of the redness. I only had $20 on me so I couldn't get the other two items...oh well she did give me some samples of the rest of the line to try out.

And since I parked in the Macy's parking lot I had to walk through the store to the exit....which is where the cosmetics counters are...which means that I had to stop! Hey, I'm not made of steel people! :P

So what did I get? The infamous Viva Glam Lady Gaga Lipstick! I have been swooning over this after seeing so many swatches on other blogs! And since I had just spent most of my $20 on the facial cleanser, I had to use like $4 in cash and put the rest on my atm...I am so weak :P

I love her signature!

This is like the perfect shade of Barbie Pink...actually not Barbie, more like cotton candy

Here is a comparison swatch next to Rimmel's Lasting Finish Lipstick in #900 Pink Blush (left), they look very similar, but the Gaga one is a bit more lavenderish(?) on my lips

So there was my haulage for the day....it's probably a good thing I didn't have more money :P

I will do an FOTD with the Gaga lipstick so you can see it on my actual lips.

 

15 comments:

missfoxyazza said...

I wish i can get my hands on the lady gaga lipstick...!!

amyrleex said...

ahhh.. the 'infamous' lady gaga lippie!!! me like!! can't wait for it to get to Singapore!!!!

purplio said...

i guess alot of us are waiting for the lady gaga lippie to be launched in SG, hehe :)

icyabstract said...

Wow the gaga lipstick and rimmel lipstick really is quite similar! Though I don't wear pink very much somehow I'm tempted to get the gaga lipstick.

retail_therapy said...

i will be getting my gaga & cyndi lippies this weekend!! :p

miwitch said...

Hi, just curious.. do you have to go over few times in order to get that pink shade out of Lady Gaga lipstick? I heard from everbluec and had watched a youtube video that its kinda sheer... I had dark lips, i wonder if it could cover it up.. Wanted to get it very much actually but now I had to reconsider till I see the real product. (Not even sure if I could even see it before its sold out!)

heavenlygorgeous said...

I can't wait for the Gaga Lipstick to be launch her ein Singapore!!!

amy-naree said...

gaga is gorgeous glad you got your hands on one :)

everbluec said...

Ming: It not gonna sold out la.. it going to be in the store for a yr(I think)

yuk-lui said...

that is sooo nice! think i may have to purchase it soon :)

kechiko said...

Oooh I'm heading to F21 after work today to find a cute top ^_^

Hehe I swear we should organize a slumber party where we cook something then watch a movie!

fashionista91 said...

ahh! i cant wait to get that lady gaga lipstick!

liana123 said...

wow i guess you are all excited about this lipstick huh? :P i hope you girls in singapore can get it soon!
icyabstract: yeah they look pretty similar, although the gaga is a little more lavender and the rimmel is more barbie pink, but they are both pretty and bright!
retail_therapy: yay! i can totally picture you with this lipstick!
miwitch: yeah, it is kinda sheer so i think you will probably need a couple layers, or try using a concealer first...
amy: thanks! are you planning on getting it?
kechiko: ooh, let me know what you get! yeah, we def. should do that someday! how fun! :)
fashionista: yay, let me know what you think of it when you do! :)

miwitch said...

Thanks for letting me know earlier! :D
Nana> Isit! Then I won't have to headache that I should get it or not before its gone! hhehehe.. :p

liana123 said...

your welcome! :)

Post a Comment

Comments & Feedback = Good :)
Spam = Bad :(

top