My Day vs. Night Makeup Routine

I don't know about you guys, but as much as I love makeup, putting it on everyday can be a hassle, not to mention, time consuming. With school starting now, I don't have the time to put as much effort into my makeup routine (I am not a morning person!) or the motivation.

So for the daytime, I like to keep it simple and stick to as little products as possible. Using neutral colors look more natural during the daytime and they're easier to apply in a hurry. Below are some of the products that I have been using lately in my everyday routine:


1. Foundation - Maybelline Fit Me foundation in #310.  This foundation offers light to medium buildable coverage that looks natural and leaves a dewy look to my skin. Read my review of it here.

2. Concealer - Unfortunately, I cannot skip concealer in my routine due to my extreme dark circles; NYX's Concealer in a Jar is creamy and blends in easily for quick applications. Check out my concealer reviews here

3. Powder - I don't like to use heavy powder, so MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish is the perfect way to set my makeup without it looking cakey. The shade I have is in Medium Dark, which is slightly too dark, but makes me look more tan.

4. Cheeks - I am addicted to blush so I switch them out often, but MAC's Ombre Blush in Ripe Peach has been a go-to for me ever since it came out...the duo shades are equally pretty separately or blended together.

5. Eyeshadow - I usually skip eyeshadow during the day, but if I do have time to apply it, I stick to light neutrals that take seconds to apply and look natural, such as Maybelline's Eyeshadow quad in Mocha.

6. Eyeliner - Milani's Liquif'eye eyeliner is perfect for quick applications because it glides on quickly and dries fast; plus, it has great staying power

7. Lipstick - Again, I often go without lipstick and just stick to lip balm, but when I do want to wear it, I often reach for natural nude or pinky colors, like this Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick in Totally Toffee.

Now for the nighttime, it's a whole different ballgame. If I'm going somewhere special or just want to look extra good, I'll go the whole mile and apply the works (minus falsies; I just don't think they look that good on me, makes my eyes look funny).

Here's a breakdown of some of my favorite products for nighttime:


1. Foundation - Makeup Forever's HD Foundation is amazing! It's about medium to full coverage and it really gives you a flawless finish. I buff it in using a flat top brush which adds to the flawlessness(?)

2. Concealer - I've been meaning to review this for you guys, but Laura Mercier's Secret Cover Concealer is definitely popular for a reason. I have to admit, at first I didn't like it, but now I am totally in love with it! Does a great job hiding my dark circles

3. Bronzer - For nighttime I like to contour my cheeks with bronzer; I have several bronzers that I go back and forth between, but Hard Candy's Baked Bronzer in Tropics has been a favorite of mine because it gives my skin a pretty glow.

4. Blush - I like to use a bolder color of blush at night because I'm usually somewhere under dim lighting and I want my blush to be noticeable. Rock n' Republic's blush in X-Rated is a candy apply red blush that is suuuper pigmented but gives such a rosy glow (and the package is so gorgeous!)

5. Eyeshadow - I have a bajillion eyeshadows, but at night I like to use ones that give a smoky effect; my NYX palette and Wet n Wild Color Icon palette both have shades that coordinate well with each other to give a sexy smoky eye.

6. Eyeliner - MAC's Fluidline Gel Liner in Blacktrack has been my favorite gel liner since I first bought it; it lasts forever and glides on easily, plus it's jet black which gives the ultimate boost to my smoky eyes.

7. Mascara - I usually don't curl my lashes during the day or apply mascara, but at night I'll curl them using my Shiseido eyelash curler, then apply a couple coats of Loreal's Extra Collagen Volume mascara to give me bold, thick lashes.


8. Lipstick - For the finish to my smoky eye, I'll either top it off with a nude lipstick, or go the complete opposite and wear the boldest color I've got. Maybelline's Moisture Extreme lipsticks are super moisturizing and this shade of red is perfect for the sexy nighttime look!

9. Highlighter - Last but not least, I use a highlighter to enhance the inner corners of my eyes, my cheekbones, and browbones. The one pictured is by Lotree, a Korean makeup brand that my sister sent to me.

The finished results:



So readers...what is your daily/nighttime beauty routine like? Please share in the comments!

Follow Me on Beautylish | Twitter | Bloglovin' | Youtube

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments & Feedback = Good :)
Spam = Bad :(

top